Growing Longer Lashes
So what is the fascination with women (and some men!) in having longer, fuller eyelashes? And more importantly, how do we get them? Well, I’m glad you asked! The ‘how to’ is answered on their respective pages, depending on which method you prefer. But as for the “why?” here’s 9 reasons that Dr. John Bass, a plastic surgeon from Phoenix has come up with at realself.com
- Long eyelashes are mostly considered a universal symbol of beauty.
- Many surveys have shown that men are more attracted to women with beautiful eyes, and eyelashes help to draw attention to, as well as enhance the eyes.
- Having rich, full, longer lashes framing the windows of a woman’s soul is similar to placing a complimentary frame around a beautiful photograph.
- Long eyelashes can create a powerful effect that can seduce even the most resistant of men.
- Long eyelashes can make a woman’s eyes look wider and more open which has always been a sign of femininity.
- Women with longer lashes have the advantage of much more options when choosing and applying makeup.
- Longer lashes in photographs show up way better than short or thin ones.
- They help to bolster self-esteem. When we look good, our confidence and self-esteem is boosted and we feel good about ourselves. Many women who feel insecure think that having lovely long lashes will make them look better, which is partly true because they really do enhance beauty.
- They can make you look incredibly attractive in just a matter of minutes. Some even say that the perfect eyelash is the shortcut to applying make-up.
T.L. Williams noticed his older sister Mabel putting a mixture of vaseline and coal dust on her lashes to give them a fuller, darker look. He modified the formula and made a product that sold only locally but became so popular that he renamed it Mabelline in honor of his sister and created a national brand. The rest, they say, is history! Women use products like mascara and eyelash extensions to lengthen and make their lashes stand out. Women prefer longer lashes to look more attractive, but long eyelashes carry benefits for women, according to Psychology Today magazine, that they may not be aware of:
- The human eye is drawn to movement, and the larger (or longer) eyelashes, the better. Long lashes make eye movements, such as the batting of eyelashes, more noticeable, thus encouraging eye contact from potential mates or business partners.
- Darker, longer lashes make the eyes seem larger relative to the nose and ears, which grow throughout a persons lifespan, making women appear younger.
- Making the eyelashes stand out also makes the whites of the eyes look brighter. This is generally a sign that a person is healthy.
- Longer lashes can give a woman’s features a more conventional feminine appearance. This is because a woman’s features tend to be more contrasted than a man’s.
- Long lashes make the eyes look wide, thus making facial dimensions more similar to a baby’s. Long eyelashes can evoke trusting first impressions from strangers.